» 10 Ways to Immediately Make Yourself More Attractive

About the Author

author photo
I'm Bobby Rio, one of the founders of TSB. You'll know more about me on . I tend to write about what is on my mind so you'll find a mix of self development, social dynamics and dating articles/experiences.  For a collection of some of my favorite articles check them out.

How to Be More Attractive

You want to see immediate results? You want to start getting more phone numbers, more looks, more compliments? Then implement these simple ten steps now and you’ll have more dates than you can handle.

Here are the 10 ways to become more attractive.

Attractive Tip #1- Improve your Posture

posture.jpgMost people don’t realize the importance of posture. But it says more about you than anything that comes out of your mouth. Bad posture can make you look bored, depressed, or just plain homely.

Improving your posture starts with becoming aware of it. Just being aware of excessive slouching will force you to take action right then. Toning your muscles through exercise will also help enhance posture. Place your head squarely on top of your neck, make sure your shoulders are upright and your back arched forward. This will make you appear taller and more confident. Be sure to leave your arms relaxed and loose. A great way to improve posture is to remain active throughout the day. This will prevent your body from being molded the wrong way.

You should also learn some of these body language secrets to make you more attractive.

Attractive Tip #2- Smile

nice_smile_161142859_std1.jpgA smile can literally light up a room. A man or woman who walks around flashing a smile will always be perceived to be more attractive. With a healthy smile, we are able to transmit the emotions within our hearts. It is very true that our smile reflects our mood, personality and even our inner health. Smiling makes you seem warmer, more inviting, confident, happy… but the best part is that a great smile can make someone else feel all of these same emotions and attach them to you.

The best way to improve your smile is by practicing in front of a mirror. Make sure that what your intending as a smile isn’t coming off as a smirk. Also pay attention to your teeth. Nice teeth are a cornerstone of a good smile. If you’re teeth are yellow consider getting them whitened. It is also important to stay on top of dentist visits. (more non-verbal flirting techniques)

Attractive Tip #3- Tanning

tanning-info.jpgDon’t misunderstand this tip as a call for you to turn yourself into an orange oompa loompa. Orange skin is not attractive. But some healthy looking color can benefit anyone, especially in the winter time when our complexions tend to get pale.

I would generally recommend tanning a few times a month. I usually go just enough to have color, but not so much that people can recognize that I’ve been tanning. Tan skin makes you look thinner, healthier, and tends to make your clothes look better against your skin. It also helps hide imperfections in your complexion.

Attractive Tip #4- Be Flirtatious

flirtatious.jpgSomeone who knows how to flirt effectively will always attract more of the opposite sex than someone who solely relies on their looks. Flirting is an art form that if you can master you will be a few steps a head of the competition. Flirting is essential in creating sexual tensionThey key to flirting is achieving a sense of relaxed playfulness. Teasing is a great way to flirt. As is Competitive flirting which takes the form of slight sarcasm and dry wit. Cooperative flirting is different. Rather than jabbing her, you pull her into your reality and create an us against the world dynamic. Flirting is a mix of pushing away with words and pulling in with actions.

In the game of flirting think back to how you acted towards that classmate you had a crust on in the fourth grade… and act the same exact way. (more flirting tips)

>>>>For more on creating fun, playful “small talk” with women, download the free “Small Talk Tactics” report. It explains exactly how to make small talk sexy.<<<<

Attractive Tip #5- Get an Expensive Haircut

hair-cut.jpgThe haircut needs to be great. It is very easy to go the cheap route when it comes to getting your haircut and head to the local Supercuts. This won’t cut it if your goal is to immediately make yourself more attractive. The key here is going to a salon that has a great reputation. These salons will usually cost you much more than your local barber… but its worth it.

Movie stars look like movie stars because they have the best that money can by making them look that way. Even if it is only a one time deal you deserve to get a “movie star” haircut. Stylists at these salons know how to shape a haircut around your particular face, head size, and personal style. There will be a huge difference. Even if you can’t afford to continually get your hair cut at these more expensive salons, at least you can take some pictures of yourself and plaster your Myspace profile with them!

Attractive Tip #6- Hang Around Attractive People

models.jpgHumans look for short cuts when it comes to forming their own opinions. It is much easier to let others guide us. We tend to look for reasons that will support our reality. So if we see an average looking girl hanging around a bunch of models we will tend to look for her better qualities to justify her being there. The same can be said for an average looking guy who walks into a bar with a beautiful woman… everyone in the bar will look for his positive qualities to reason it.

On the other end if you’re an above average looking person but you hang out with the local riff raft people will look for your negative qualities to explain why you’re slumming. People like to make opinions quickly. And one of the easiest way to do this is to lump you in with the company you keep. Therefore, the more attractive the company you keep, the more attractive you will be perceived to be.

Attractive Tip #7- Stay Well Kept and Well Groomed

shaving_face.jpgThere are grooming tips that you can implement immediately that will drastically increase your attractiveness. The first is get rid of all unwanted hair. This includes nose hair, ear hair, facial hair (especially if you’re a girl), and inappropriate body hair. And pluck your eye brows. Eliminating a unibrow alone can change the look of your face.

Others actions that you can take is cutting your nails, cleaning wax out of your ears, controlling dandruff, acne, or other skin conditions.

Attractive Tip #8- Learn how to Dance

dancing460.jpgIf you want to attract the attention of the opposite sex during a night on the town you should consider learning how to dance. A good dancer is immediately perceived to be more sexual, thus increasing their perceived attraction.

If you are not a naturally good dancer I would recommend taking some dance lessons. You can usually find dance lessons locally. The lessons are usually available in group form and individual form. I would usually recommend taking a few individual lessons before you jump into the group classes. It may cost a few dollars but you will be amazed to see what kind of response you get next time your asked out onto the dance floor.

Attractive Tip #9- Add Accessories to your Wardrobe

ray-ban_sunglasses_rayban.jpgIf you take notice of most celebrities the one thing you’ll find in common with all of them is that they all make use of accessories. Accessories are items you can add to your outfit to give you some added flash. Accessories include belts, earrings, watches, hats, bracelets, necklaces, glasses, and scarves. Adding these things to an outfit shows that you put thought into the way you look, and that you are confident in your ability to pull off wearing these things.

Good use of accessories will make you more noticeable in a crowd. There is a term called “peacocking” that means purposely dressing in a way to draw attention to yourself. While you may not choose to go that extreme, you should seriously consider added some flash to your look.

Attractive Tip #10- Smell Good

perfume.jpgSmell is one of the brain’s strongest senses. It is the sense that provokes the most intense emotions. And can spark animal like sexual attraction. There is a theory that pheromones play a huge part in sexual attraction and I would not argue with that at all. One thing is for certain, the better you smell, the more attractive you will be appear to the opposite sex.

Although taste is subjective, the purchase of a good cologne or perfume is a great investment. My recommendation is to sample a few different brands and ask a member of the opposite sex to judge. Ideally you can have several different men or women give you their opinions on which one is the best. Once you purchased a fragrance make sure you put just the right amount of it on. Too much of a good thing can be a turn off.

If you implement even just a few of these, you’ll quick find that you become more attractive.

31 Responses to 10 Ways to Immediately Make Yourself More Attractive

• Zeo says:

Godddd do I need dance lessons. At the semi last night when we weren’t grinding or slow dancing, I was doing typical white boy atrocious style dancing, lol.  I always hear from some PUA’s that dance floors are a trap, but I think they just say that cuz they suck at dancing, lol. If you got it, the women will be impressed.

• Damien says:

Great advice guys.  Every thing here is pretty simple to implement except the dancing thing!!

• Bobby Rio says:

Zeo

trust me, dance lessons are extremely important… i waited to long to finally go and take them.. i ruined many many many many nights because of my horrible sense of rhythm.

You’ll be 100% more confident in social scenarios if you know you can tear up the dance floor.

by the way… how was your formal otherwise?

also, I sent your recorder via Amazon… so it could take around a week or so to get.

• Seraf24 says:

I don’t think Tanning would work for me. I’m Filipino so I think I’m already dark enough, lol.

I’ve recently been taking a Hip-Hop class at my college. I may do Salsa next.

I have been looking to get an expensive haircut. How expensive is "expensive" anyway?

• MikeStoute says:

I don’t know about Bobby, but my haircuts run  $50 a pop. That’s including the $20 tip which is only $10 less than the haircut itself. I sometimes give $60 total if I am feeling saucy.

Tipping is HUGE in this business. So find a good hair stylist and make them happy. I go to a salon that has mostly women clients, but more men stylists.

The view is great too!

• Great tip about the dancing! Some guys just don’t get it that dancing isn’t gay, it’s the best way to get a girl turned on without conversation and without even touching. The shortest time that it took a guy to make me feel ‘warm’ from the inside was the 5-second direct gaze that this guy gave me while he was dancing to the music in a bar. And we were 3 meters apart, imagine that.

Evil Woobie’s last blog post..Hints and Commitment: Playing the Love Game

• eddy says:

Yea – i cant dance and i mean actually cant – i never have – no idea what to do! The date i was out with last week asked me to dance and i had to turn her down all night which definately dlv’d and made me look boring so im im gonna take some lessons asap – what kind of dance should i learn for your average dancing with  a girl in a club? is there a particular type?

• Jonny says:

I can’t tan… My hair is too blonde… My roots are actually platinum blonde… Besides.. I’m a queer… I look after my skin better than most woman…. However the posture thing sounds good for me.. Having trouble getting my neck to stand directly above my shoulders… but I have spinal scoliosis so I think I’ll always look off…. Damn…

• athena says:

hmm, you know, i cant dance, either.  the only guy i know who CAN dance is one of my brothers.  he ended up taking a ballroom dancing class in preparation for a wedding he had to go to and ended up loving it.  he went on to take a lot more classes.  his absolute faves are west coast swing and argentine tango.  he likes those because you can improvise a lot.
    every time we go out, he dances with me.  he is such a good leader at it, he just teaches me the beat and makes me look like im a pro.  WHATEVER you decide to learn, make sure you focus mostly on learning how to lead a girl.

and about the tan – although i’ve never seen a guy look good pale, some girls look MUCH better pale.  if they have the right combo of complexion and coloring – the skin looks like creamy milk.  MUCH more delicate, feminine, and exotic than  your everyday tan.

about the perfume/cologne – dont buy anything until you’ve worn a sample for at least a full day.  as your body heats up the scent, it brings out other notes – and it also mingles with your own personal scent.  so what you smell in the store or on another person is rarely what you end up smelling like after a few hours.  and if you are a smoker – BEWARE.  the only thing worse than smelling like smoke, is the smelling like a combination of smoke and too much cologne or perfume.   thats why i as a smoker only go for scented bathwash and lotions.

• Seraf24 says:

Wow, I originally thought an expensive haircut would run me close to $100.

Glad I was nearly $50 off!

• Seraf24 says:

EVERYBODY LEARN HOW TO DANCE!!!!

I’ve been taking Salsa lessons. I now USE my lessons in my sarges!!! It’s GREAT kino+DHV and can be a great D2!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha

• I listen to metal and blues, you don’t need to dance, And I’m moving to Sweden, Tans are overrated. My hair is as long as a girl, so I use girl products, easy enough. As for accessories sunglasses, rings, bullet belts are it for me. Big thing is exercise, do something for 30 minutes a day. Run. Learn something fun and interesting. I play guitar, and I’m in a band, asking a girl to buy a ticket to a gig is a great conversation starter, if she doesn’t bite in you can just use it as marketing. Be different than all the other dudes. You don’t have to turn into a tool to talk to good looking girls.

• Mel says:

I have done ALL of these things and it still does not work.

• cid says:

I disagree with the hairdresser particular for blokes . Private run small hairdressers can sometimes be a lot better than expensive hairdressor as small hairdressors tend to be self
    employed not hireing staff.
    I also think that if you choose to have attractive looking friends over unattractive friends because of looks you must be a very shallow fake person

• puppet_master says:

A free alternative to dance lessons would be youtube. Although its best to learn dances like salsa and such from an instructor, its a great place to learn hip hop, club dancing, and just basic moves that make you look like you can dance. You’d be surprised how many moves you can pick up from youtube.

• katy says:

see i can do all of those things but smiling, i have high cheek bones and i think i still have baby fat so when i smile my cheeks go whooosh way high i hate it, so then i just don’t smile and then people think im stuck up darn its a no win no win situation :(

• Anonymous says:

theres always the small step of being awesome at sex.

i think this improves attractiveness.. i think it is if that ur reputation at least :p

• im tracey..ive read all your tips on how to make yourself look more atractive and i will deffinently be trying them all out..exept the dancing one because me aqnd my partner dont go out to clubs and bars so we dont need to dance..but the other tips are quite interesting though..i,ll give them a whirl and let u knw what the outcome is….thank you…tracey

• Saif Samir says:

Great tips Bobby. Keep it up.

• Bob the Builder says:

Wow, who knew that we have acme…

• medamora says:

the one thing that i believe is a huge deal for women trying to attract a man is confidence! women that have little to no confidence have less chance at even getting a second look heck even a first look. but a woman that stands proud and is confident in themselves and their suroundings is more likely to have a man come talk to them right off the bat. the only down side to this is if a woman has too much confidence they can come off as either egosentric or intimadating. so thusly there needs to be that happy medium of confidence and coyness. i do agree that flirtiousness is a huge key! but also remember that with no confidence flirtitation is impossible. the best thing that i have found in my years is be yourself and be proud of who you are at all times.

• Eleanor Rigby says:

Well I agree and will definitely be trying a lot of these. I don’t need to tan since my skin is already dark, not very but just enough so I don’t need too. I already do things like staying well kept and groomed, but I definitely should learn to dance. I have absolutely 0% of rhythm. I might try ballroom dances. Some of these sound slightly on the shallow side though. Like the one about the attractive friends and such. I understand what they were trying to say but it sounds like the reason for being around other people in that case is for more vain and shallow reasons than anything. I also could really work on flirting, something I seriously fail at lol.

• trrrrffff says:

good advice but you forgot gettin to know the person so you know what hey like which leads to being able to excite him or her on dates or nights out