Worst Rejection Stories

By on May 30, 2008

I’ve been reading Roosh V’s amazing book Bang recently and in it, he tells the story of his all time worst rejection.  I don’t think that anyone can top Roosh’s worst rejection, but the idea of sharing worst possible scenarios seems like a decent way to help each other through approach anxiety.

Here’s my worst rejection:

2 years ago on my birthday I head to a local club with a bunch of friends.  Early in the night I open a girl and have a nice conversation (After a month of email courting I wind up dating her) but she leaves and I proceed to drink myself silly.

I’m quite drunk, and quite confident from my earlier email close, so I grab my brother and hit up the dance floor.  I usually stay off the dance floor but there was a hot brunette on there that I thought kept giving me the eye.

So now I’m on the dance floor doing my thing and I keep checking out the brunette (and assume that she’s checking me out.)

After about 5 minutes of blatantly staring at her I dance my way over to her…  I shake my hips a little bit in front of her and then open my mouth to say “hi.”

Before I can even finish my sentence she cuts me off and says “Don’t waste your time.  You just embarrassed yourself on the dance floor, don’t embarrass yourself trying to talk to me.”  And she turned her back to me and walked away.

I was shocked.  I had never been so cruelly rejected in my entire life.

Now what I did after that I don’t recommend ever trying as it may end in a hefty fine or possible court date… but after going back over to my brother and explaining what happened with the brunette…. he got me extremely fired up.  I was already pretty fucking hammered from a night of birthday shots…  and with my ego shattered I needed a quick way to feel better about myself.

The brunette was now standing at the bar facing her friend talking.  I walked over and stood behind her and ordered a drink from the bartender.  Her back was to me so she had no clue that I was there.  So I pull my dick out through the zipper of my pants and proceed to pee all over her leg.

By the time she realizes her leg is getting soaked and turns around, I’ve already put my dick back in my pants and I pretend that I’ve just spilled a drink on her.

She rolls her eyes into her head and mumbles “loser” or something like that.

I will admit that peeing on her leg made me feel quite good about myself and the rejection.  What was initially a confidence shattering rejection, quickly became a legendary story that is still told with laughter around my circle of friends.

Since that day, I’ve never come close to experiencing a rejection as cruel.  But to tell you the truth it wouldn’t bother me one bit if I did.  I think the way the girl handled my approach says a lot more about her character than it does about mine.

So how about sharing some of your worst rejection stories???????????

I'm Bobby Rio, one of the founders of TSB. You'll know more about me on . I tend to write about what is on my mind so you'll find a mix of self development, social dynamics and dating articles/experiences.  For a collection of some of my favorite articles check them out.

1. KillSwitch

May 30, 2008 at 8:31 am

you pissed on her leg??? LMAO!!!! you’re crazy.

my worst rejection had to be when I was a nerdy kid in high school…the 10th grade to be exact. I had this female friend who I had the biggest crush on and all my friends knew this. One day while in class my friend turns around and tells me “hey, do you want me to tell her” because she was sitting in the row right next to him..I say, “no, what are you crazy?”…my friend, being the smart one strikes up a conversation about who would end up dating who in school. After about 4 minutes I become convinced and I tell him to ask her if she would date me….when he does, she answers with a strong and loud “HELL NO!!!” the class proceeds to then laugh and I proceed to shrink into the desk….yea, that has to be the worst one for me…

-KillSwitch

• jim

October 31, 2009 at 12:18 am

i walked up to this girl at a bar and started talking to her hopefully get her number by the end of the night. she was going to give me her number until i reached down to get a pen to write down her number she pulled out pepper spray and sprayed a little luckily i closed my eyes in time but i inhaled a little and started screaming.

2. evilwoobie

May 30, 2008 at 10:55 am

I don’t know how to reject, but I know how to run. I’m the mixed-signals, change-cel-number, drop-me-off-3-blocks-from-my-place kind of girl. XD

My biggest rejection was in a bar. My sensors were way off as I’ve had a ‘few’ margaritas. I approached this soo hot guy just for some lame hello, and he cut me off as I was approaching. “Forget it girl, I’m not your market” and proceeded to French kiss this equally hot guy to his right. I did a “bye!” and turned around on the spot. :D

evilwoobie’s last blog post..Why the Hell Did He Break Up With Me?!?

3. athena

May 30, 2008 at 5:56 pm

i dont have any rejection stories against me. but once i was pretty mean to a guy at a bar. to be fair, he was acting like an ass, too, so i didnt feel too bad. this is the meanest i have ever been:

so i was just 21, and at a pretty busy bar that another bartender and i were regulars at (in colorado). it was packed, but i had planted myself off in the corner sitting at the bar and was playing touch-screen while waiting to get drunk. i guess a crowd of people saw how quickly the bartender was getting drinks for me and decided it would be a good area to stand and order drinks at. i was getting jostled a bit, but no biggie, until this one dude kept leaning up against the bar, even standing on the back of my chair, standing over my head, and bumping me with his arm. when he bumped me hard enough to hit my head against the touch-screen, i turned to him and said something like “excuse me, could you stop bumping me? you must have hit me a thousand times now!” i didnt say it rude or anything, i was trying to joke around with the guy. but then he gives me some dirty look that lingered on my cleavage and replied “ha! just like a woman to exaggerate everything!”
    i was shocked! that was NOT the normal response. even the most insecure guy would apologize and offer to buy me a drink or something. so why would his first response be some negative comment on the fact that i was female?? does he have women issues or what?
    then it hit me! “you must not get laid a lot.”
    now HE was shocked. he flustered a little, then said “i get tons of girls” me: “uh-huh” him: “no, really, why would you say that? i can prove it! wanna see the numbers in my phone?” me: giggle “no, thanks, thats cool. whatever you say, man”

he stormed off all flustered. then he came back a few minutes later! he said “i cant believe you said that to me!”” so i said “i cant believe you came BACK! see ya!”

yeah, it was pretty mean. it really upset him. im sure he had some great argument all worked out when he came back, and i didnt even let him use it.

May 31, 2008 at 1:35 am

Peed on her leg?! Holy crap!

Here’s mine:

Trying out this game stuff for the very first time last summer. Saw a latina girl and her black friend at a local 18+ club.

Went over to them. Tried out the Maury Povich opener.

In the middle of it, latina girl started laughing. Probably b/c she thought this was a sad attempt at talking to her.

Then the black chick got all Mother Hen.

She took her index and middle fingers, held them up, put them on my front body area under the chest but above the stomach (more specifically the area where you would thrust for the heimlich meneuver) and she said “Okay, you’ve had enough.”

And she pushed me away.

I had the liberty of sharing this story with Neil Strauss himself.

5. Pingback: Worst Rejection Stories - Dating, Pickup, Seduction

6. Jesse

June 3, 2008 at 3:16 am

I met this girl online and we talked for about 3 years. She lived in Italy, I live in Ohio. One day she mentions she is heading to California and wants me to tour L.A. with her (sightseeing). I agreed, payed for my plane ticket, rented a car (Chrysler Sebring convertible) and met up with her a few months later when it was time. The whole trip, I must say, was interesting. She was vegan, Im a carnivore. But I sucked it up and ate Vegan, didn’t even drink anything carbonated or anything while I was there. All the while we seemed pretty close, I would always hold hands with her and she would be sweet. Near the end of the vacation, I finally pulled her aside away from her sister and her cousin who went there with her and told her how I felt. I told her I really cared for her and wanted to be with her. She had the look of “Awwww, thats so cute.”
    However, that is the only thing it amounted to. Her response was: “When I said I loved you, I meant it how a good friend would say they love each other. I’m sorry.” Imagine spending thousands of dollars and buying her meals at a Vegan restaurant/store/whatever and everything short of kissing the ground she walked on, only to realize you were led on for 3 years.

Great times. We lost touch after that gradually.

7. sub5tance

June 3, 2008 at 10:14 am

The Zen version of this article: “I think the way the girl handled my approach says a lot more about her character than it does about mine.”

This goes back to the ‘How to be an Alpha Male’ post. See http://www.theseductionbible.com/2008/05/25/how-to-be-an-alpha-male/

Live in your own reality and invite her to join. If she doesn’t, its her loss.Developing that belief system is a real help in this game.

8. Entropy

June 9, 2008 at 11:34 am

I was down in Texas and decided to open a two-set. I planned on using a new opinion opener I had made up so I roll in.

Me: “Hey, I need an–”
    Girl: “Get the FUCK away from us.”
    Me: “… Huh? I haven’t even–”
    Girl: “GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM US!”

The girl starts screaming at the top of her lungs and shoving me. My buddy is like, “Dude, what did you say?” I’m like, “NOTHING!” Then some random meat-heads walk over and are like, “dude, I think it’s time for you to leave.” I tell them I didn’t even say anything to her. But no one seemed to believe me. It was pretty fucked up. That fucked with my head for the rest of the night.

Entropy’s last blog post..Rejection: He who gets rejected, gets laid

9. Magnet

June 10, 2008 at 7:52 pm

you should have told her it was piss before you left! i would have

10. Magnet

June 11, 2008 at 7:28 pm

haha now i know why girls call guys DOGS…

11. Drew

July 1, 2009 at 12:49 am

To be honest, I probably deserved this reaction. I was 14 at the time. Me and a friend who almost always lands a hot girl thought it would be fun to go to a store and see how many numbers we could get from random women. I thought, hell why not? It’ll be a good experience. I’ve been complimented on my looks before, so I had a decent amount of confidence, but I lacked the experience. I didn’t know what to say. I had, what I thought, an elaborate fail-proof speech already in my head to spit out. I had read articles about dating, attracting women, etc. and I thought I was ready to try it out. I had the image, I pictured how it would all go down, what to say, what she would say, and so on. When I stepped up to the plate, it was a completely different story. It was a new feeling, I was out of my comfort zone and I made the girl feel equally uncomfortable. Mistake No. 1: I read that you should approach a girl briskly, to let her know you had the confidence to go after what you want or something like that. I was a little TOO brisk, almost a jog; she noticed I was coming towards her, she sped up a little, and like a psycho I walked even faster to catch up. Mistake No. 2: She was at the lingerie section looking at bras. Guess what? I stood next to her and instead of immediately talking to her, I froze, got scared, and turned to fumble to whatever she was looking at. At the time, I didn’t know she was at the lingerie section. I was in pimp mode, she was the only thing I was focused on. I grabbed a bra, and I thought to myself, “Crap, what am I gonna do now? She must think I’m crazy.” I somehow mustered a smile and introduced myself to her. She smiled back, she wasn’t freaked out, to my astonishment. My memorized speech had eluded me, sweat beads started forming on my face, I looked up; I saw a sign that read, “New Items” or something to that effect. Like a genius I said these disgusting words that still haunt my dreams to this day: “I’m new around here. Is there anything to do around here?” Holy crap, that came out my mouth, is that all you could come up with, I thought to myself. This pretty girl looked confused, the guy that approached her was a complete wuss. I tried my hardest to form a fragment of a conversation, but I dug myself into a deeper hole to which I couldn’t escape. After an exchange of forced, uncomfortable words spoken with gradually less and less confidence she immediately came out of the blue and said, “Good luck.” and ran like an NFL running back, zigzagging and cutting corners and finally bursting into full speed with smooth, elegant strides to the exit. I learned the fundamentals of sprinting and was able to improve my form, and later joined the track team the following year.

• Bobby Rio

July 1, 2009 at 7:53 am

Great story Drew!

• Julian

February 17, 2010 at 4:52 am

hahaha that was funny reading, I guess we all have to learn, but its with learning to be good.

12. DeistDave

October 3, 2009 at 2:39 pm

I was friends with this one girl. We were just friends, and I didn’t care then because I was dating others. But then one day, I decided to ask her out over the phone for lunch, not dinner, just lunch, as a date. She got quiet, then I can hear sobbing. I cared about her a lot, so I drove off to her place right away. I ran over red lights (approx 4-5 of them) and arrived at her apartment. When I arrived, I banged the door asking her to open the door. She opened a crack, I asked her if she’s okay, and I was wondering why she was crying so hard. She said to me, “Of all the guys that asked me out, I’d never imagine you’d do that to me” and closed the door.

13. Pingback: This guy's worst rejection - Kleenex and Lotion: The Hookup - Hookup

14. James

February 6, 2010 at 9:07 am

My worst rejection was asking this girl I knew for over 3 years. I just asked her for a lunch date since she just got dumped 2 months earlier. She started to sob over the phone and said she couldn’t believe I’m just like all the other guys. We were good friends for over 3 years and I really cared about her. I didn’t mind if she had just said ‘no, not interested’, but instead, she cried and cried and cried. I’ve never asked a girl out for a lunch date and made the girl cry, until now. I felt so ugly after that.

• Bobby Rio

February 6, 2010 at 10:02 am

Did you stay friends afterwards?

• JAMES

April 20, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I couldn’t. At first I thought: “Okay, I know how ugly she must think I am, but I gotta get over it and stay friends.” Then she started to treat me like one of the guys that barks at her all the time, then she started saying things that really hurt my feelings. I had to end the friendship after that because I could not trust her as a friend anymore. I still feel like shit whenever I think about that. I don’t think any guys made a girl cry just asking her out on a lunch date. It feels like your parents telling you ‘You weren’t planned. It was a mistake’.

15. samsami

April 12, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I was 16 at the time and I was on vacation in central/eastern Europe. The best part about this general area is the lack of ID check, so me and bother went to strip clubs, bars, over 18 joints and the like most nights.

Now on one the nights we went to a very rich, expensive socialite club named Mecca, which apparently is part of a huge club chain called ‘F’ or something… At Mecca it was DJ night and at first i was really shy about dancing because i had never been in this situation before, but after a while i got the hang of it..
    I approached a few girls and tapped them on the shoulder while dancing, and did the come here motion with my fingers but they just smiled and shook their heads.

Now in my country Australia the only reason guys go to clubs is to hook up pretty much and i thought it would be the same here…..I was wrong..
    The only chicks i saw hooking up were the ones that had originally come with guys and at near the end of the night i saw a gorgeous girl at the very back of the dance floor by herself obviously VERY drunk and i thought it would be a good target….I was wrong.

I noticed single guys only take a glance at her and then just move along and i thought “This is ridiculous in Australia people would be grinding up all over and shit, and sure enough i asked to dance and she just shrugged it off….. The thing was the culture was different or something cause people honestly didnt care about hooking up or anything but i dont know, maybe someone can elaborate or something.

Now the next night me and brother waltezed into this awesome underground Hotel bar, that had a stripclub/nightclub/bar/dancefloor, pretty much everything (these were both in prague, in the czech republic btw). And after a while the dancefloor was packed with gorgeous italian and american girls.. I tried grinding up with a few, and i noticed it didn’t work the same as it would in Australia… pretty diddapointed actually..
    But this is where the rejection came in…

I noticed these 2 girls that looked about my age 15-20 dancing with this obviously older guy like at least 30.. I looked at him and thought theres no way there togeter, he was old, balding, pasty, and sooo disgustingly skinny with the narrowest shoulders ive ever seen in someone his age as well as having no facial hair.. he basically looked like a much shorter version of sheldon form the big bang theory..

Anyway i started dancing with these girls, i just kind of ignored the guy and then after i turned my back for a second they were a few steps further than before, not taking the hint (stupid me :P) I started dancing again and you know when its realy packed you kind of just try nudge your way through the guys to the dancing circle of girls. well i tried and all of a sudden the guy turns to me with a cheeky, douchebag smile and said something like “what do you want” or “can i help you”.. i couldnt really hear him so i i asked the girls what it was and they kind of said the same thing….. i thought alrite whatever i havent done anything bad i dint know they were together..
    And with a kind of dejected look i turend around and looked at my brother, and he was fuming!!!
    He’s pretty big, much bigger than previously mentioned sheldon (bald small guy) and he just looked at the guy with an angry look, he asked me “what did he say to you” i go aww nothing i dunno i couldnt really hear him, and he looked at the guy for a few more minutes and kept trying to go over there to sort him out but i kept stopping him saying its all right. i only did this because i dint really understand what was happening, it was first proper clubbing experience so i didnt know the mechanics and stuff, if i relived it now i definitely would have said something…

Now at first i wasnt that fazed i didnt really understand what heppend, but i though about over a few days and realized i got rejected by the guy on behalf of the girls kind of and honestly i reckon thats much worse, because if youi dont say anything to the guy youre boosting his ego up so much higher because he thinks “ohh my word is much better than anyones”!!
    This really annoys me, girls going for way overage guys. that old balding fuck probably had sex with at least one of them and i dont get it, are they more mature or something is that it?

like ma fine game of chess the pussy game has its strategies…

16. dayana

August 19, 2010 at 11:49 pm

me parese una bobada esto pero a la vex graciosa
    jejejejejejejejjjejejejjejjejjejejejejejejejejejejejjjjejjeje
    los kello a todos

17. Pingback: Worst Rejection Stories - Music Banter

18. Blah

July 16, 2011 at 11:42 am

Hahaha legend mine pretty sucks I was with this friend at party and I see this red head looking at me she was totally hot so I wait another fifteen min and walk over I say hey and she imedeantly says you do no ur flies are un done and you have ketchup all on ur shirt then she turns sways and everybodys staring trying to hide laughter :L