When To Get What Checked Out By A Doctor
My own theory about visiting the doctor: You’re healthy until you get checked out by a doctor and they find something wrong with you. This, obviously, is completely wrong.
What you’re actually supposed to do is visit your primary care physician on a more regular basis, getting certain parts of your body checked out as you get older. But when are you supposed to get what checked out? It’s not like your body comes with some kind of driver’s manual. Until now, that is. Men’s Fitness, doing us all a great service, has put together a list of when to get what checked out to make sure it’s healthy.
Since a majority of our readers are in their 20s, here is what Men’s Fitness says you should get looked at before you get into your 30s:
- Annual physical exam by your primary care physician, including blood pressure, and height/weight checks
- Screening for testicular cancer, including monthly self exams
- Cholesterol testing every 5 years
- Depending on your individual circumstances, your doctor may want to do an electrocardiogram to check for heart disease, and blood tests to screen for diabetes, thyroid disease, liver problems, and anemia
- Depending on risk factors, your doctor may also recommend screening for skin cancer, sexually transmitted diseases, HIV infection, and alcohol abuse
It’s probably good to print out this list, laminate, and keep it in a safe spot to review whenever you hit another milestone year. Don’t worry. Prostate exams don’t start until you’re in your 40s. Enjoy the next few years!
Do girls leave you confused as to whether or not they like you?
Let's face it. Girl's don't make it easy for you. She will often send mixed signals leaving you unable to tell if she is being friendly or flirty. If you read her signals wrong you risk rejection and embarrassment. Or worse, you blow it with a girl who wanted to kiss you.
Here is a simple and innocent move that will instantly tell you if you're in the friend zone, or if she's waiting for you to kiss her.
We respect your email privacy
About Rick Mosely Rick is the editor for TSB magazine.