- #1 Most Attractive Trait You Can Display to a Woman
- #1 Way to Get a Girl Hooked on You (Proven By Science)
- 5 Things That Make You Look Desperate and Immediately Turns Girls Off…
- 3 Toxic Mistakes That Lead to the Friend Zone
- 3 Reasons Why A Girl Will Test You
- How to Raise Your Status Around Girls
- What You Need to Stop Wearing After 25
- Jason Capital’s Honey Trick (Six Questions)
- 10 Articles on Better Sex
- The Style Mistakes That Make You Look Cheap
- What to Talk About with Her to Make Her Fall for You
- Girlfriend Secrets: What Women Really Want
- 10 Ways To TEASE A Woman
- The 9 Types Of Orgasms
- How to Dress Like a Bad Boy
- Three Sex Techniques Stolen From Lesbians
- Top 10 Things Women Want You To Do In Bed
- How To Ejaculate Like A Porn Star
- Five Subtle Signals That She Wants Sex
- Texting a Girl: A Guide To Text Message Game
- 3 Ways to Instantly Turn a Woman Off and Kill Any Attraction She Felt
- How to Tell if a Girl Likes You (5 Fool Proof Signs to Look For)
- What to Say to Girls, Explained
- How to Display Masculine Qualities
- How to Keep Your Power Edge With Women
Is it appropriate to wear a daggy Christmas sweater to your holiday festivities? I’d like to think so- there’s no better occasion to wear the ugliest snowflake print you can find. But there’s an art to choosing a Christmas jumper. It needs to be stylish in that indie-cool way, rather than just plain hideous.
The great thing about Christmas sweaters is that they are often not even that ugly, they just have a bad reputation. Despite not looking too bad, they make a fantastic talking point. They are the humorous yet functional choice for what to wear to a Christmas party.
Wear it with chinos
Christmas jumpers are terribly daggy, which means that the rest of your outfit has to be sleek in order to show that you do have some fashion sense and you’re wearing the jumper in an ironic way. A pair of chinos is the perfect match for a holiday themed sweater. Slimline without being too restrictive and available in any color to complement your tacky sweater, chinos are stylish enough to allay any doubts about your fashion sense. A polished pair of brogues wouldn’t go astray either.
No excuse for a bad fit
You’re wearing an ugly jumper on purpose, but it doesn’t have to be unflattering. A slight V-neck or a round neck that’s not too high are important features of any jumper. It shouldn’t be too long or too short, and the sleeves should reach to your wrists. Christmas jumpers tend to be baggy, which is fine as long as the rest of your outfit is streamlined enough to make up for it. You don’t want the design of the jumper to be too unflattering- any horizontal print is not a good look unless you are exceptionally slim. Snowflake prints are possibly the best choice in terms of patterns that look good. The simpler the design, the better.
One Christmas themed piece is enough
You could go the hideous Christmas sweater vest with tacky Christmas tie combination, but it’s overkill. One holiday themed garment is just as funny as wearing two, but with half the ugliness.
Leave the bad taste jumpers to Granddad
Christmas sweaters are enough of a novelty already without featuring wholesome scenes of reindeers getting it on. You want a sweater which is cheesy and cute, rather than one which could give a heart attack to any relatives that look too closely.
When to wear it
You wouldn’t want to walk into a work meeting wearing your Christmas jumper or you’d never be taken seriously- keep it for casual affairs where you are allowed to show some personality. Casual holiday events with your family or friends are the most appropriate place for a Christmas sweater, although you can get away with wearing one on almost a daily basis in the weeks leading up to Christmas. A holiday themed jumper is only ever fitting during the silly season, so don’t try to wear it in any month that isn’t December.