» How to Make Women Laugh

by Bobby Rio on September 12, 2007

laugh140.jpgMaking a girl laugh can be the easiest thing in the world, and at other times, can feel like an insurmountable task. This is because our sense of humors are not always the same as the girls we’re dealing with.   If you enjoy this post I also suggest checking out a post I wrote called How to Make a Girl Laugh.

What to Say to Make a Woman Laugh

by Derek Vitalio
A lot of guys ask me how to be funny. After all, women all the time say they want to meet a guy who makes them laugh. The trick to being funny is forget funny and just be playful. If you’re playful, a girl will laugh. And the reason girls want to laugh is because they want to feel easy COMFORT around you. And one of the easiest ways to being playful is role play silly little fantasies in your conversations with a girl.

To give you an idea of what I’m talking about, here are some playful role playing interactions that I had on the phone with a girl.

OLIVE OIL BATH

Sabrina: “yeah I like to take showers. So can you take me to a little shower fantasy”

Derek: “Sure, but we’d use olive oil instead of water. Olive oil is good for your skin right?”

Sabrina: “I think so-”

Derek: “Yeah, but olive oil won’t come through the pipes so I’d make you sit in the tub and I dump buckets of warm, hot olive oil down your back.”

Sabrina: “hmmmm”

Derek: “And slowly the tub would fill up with olive oil… and that warmth would spread all throughout your body… and then we’d jump out and our skin would be all oily and shiny”

Sabrina: “lol”

Derek: “And we’d leave olive oil footprints all over the floor as we ran around butt-naked trying to clean it up.”

Sabrina: “lol. Yeah, but why waste all that olive oil when we could make a salad out of it?”

Derek: “Smart thinking, we’d dumped 40 heads of lettuce in there, a few tomatoes, a few onions, and we’d have enough Caesar salad to feed an army.”

Sabrina: “lol”

See how I’m just making a rather ridiculous little story for her? And notice how it has a sexual connotation to it. When you wrap a sexual story in playfulness, women are not nearly as likely to resist it.
GREEK POOL PARTY FANTASY

Derek: “So what’s your house like”

Sabrina: “I’ve got a pool in the back”

Derek: “Awesome! We can throw pool parties back there…”

Sabrina: “pool parties? uh-”

Derek: “Or better yet, I’ll dress up like Zeus and you dress up like Athena and we’ll be like gods and goddesses hanging out at the pool”

Sabrina: “lol yes! I like that”

Derek: “And we’ll fill the pool up with olive oil and get all greasy. And crush grapes with our feet. It will rock.”

Sabrina: “lol”

Derek: “Yeah… and we need to get a servant to hold up one of those huge Hossanah leaves and fan us down”

Sabrina: “Yeah… and I’ll blast the air conditioner so it goes out the window into the pool.”

Derek: “Damn, you’re good at this aren’t you…”

Notice how I have her laughing. Am I cracking canned jokes? No. Am I racking my brain to be funny? No. The silliness and laughter comes naturally from the playful fantasy.
THE SEDONA VORTEX ANGELS

Sabrina: “Yeah, I felt a spiritual connection on top of the vortex in Sedona.”

Derek: “Yeah, the most interesting thing happened to me while I stood on top the vortex…. ….I was standing up there and lo and behold my cell phone rings! Yeah, it was like the angels were phoning me!!”

Sabrina: “lol”

Derek: “Yeah, and what really shocked me was that I get perfect reception on top of a mountain vortex in the middle of nowhere yet I can’t get good reception in my own apartment. What’s up with that??”

Sabrina: “lol… yeah it’s terrible”

Derek: “Anyway, I get the phone and the angels start talking to me…”

Sabrina: “What did they tell you”

Derek: “You won’t believe this, but they gave me the secret of the meaning to life”

Sabrina: “Really? And what is the secret of the meaning to life”

Derek: “That can be yours for the low price of only $499.95!”

Sabrina: “lol that’s all?”

Derek: “Well, if you knew the secret, you wouldn’t think it was worth much more than that either–”

Sabrina: “lol… no, but didn’t you notice how commercial it is in Sedona?”

Derek: “Yeah… it’s like you can walk down from the vortex having had this incredible spiritual experience and walk right into McDonalds and… SUPER SIZE YOUR FRIES!!!”

Sabrina: “hahahahaha”

So be PLAYFUL and you’ll be funny. Be PLAYFUL and she’ll laugh. Be PLAYFUL and she’ll relax. Get the idea?

Until next time,

Derek Vitalio

If you enjoy this post I also suggest checking out a post I wrote called How to Make a Girl Laugh.

About the Author

author photo

I’m Bobby Rio, one of the founders of TSB. You’ll know more about me on . I tend to write about what is on my mind so you’ll find a mix of self development, social dynamics and dating articles/experiences.  For a collection of some of my favorite articles check them out.

23 Responses to How to Make Women Laugh

• Bobby Rio says:

Its goofy humor that works.. I still have trouble with this sometimes because my humor is very sarcastic and some girl don’t get it. This humor is more cookie cutter playful.

• Seraf24 says:

So true. Being playful does work. Girls even laugh if I do a little playful “hi-five” or a cool secret hand shake.

• Bobby Rio says:

Secret handshakes and stuff are good! Create silly little inside jokes with them. Something thats only between you and them. Derek’s fantasy playing is a good idea as well. Me and this girl used to have this little inside joke about how we were going to move to a farm and grow tomatoes or something like that. Ridiculous but it was our little joke.

• D says:

one thing i like to do is like ask them a common sense question, then when they answer ill be like “good job, high five” but when they go for it i pull away and say like “sieke” then they have like that “oh no u didnt look” then i say “nah nah im just kidding u earned more than that” and i give em a hug and it works everytime :)

• Jonnyboy says:

Yes D.

Stuff like that is golden. Push/pull is what Swingcat calls it. Give a little- take it back- then give a little more. keeps things light and entertaining.

• D says:

yeah johnnyboy, its awsome, and wuts great is that thats the perfect start to a touchy feely relationship(well it works for me) and now they do the same thing back to me so dont even have to initiate things all the time

• damien says:

A make believe fantasy with a girl is pure gold. Just watch the office and see how Jim and Pam were with eachtother.. that is how you make women laugh. inside jokes,secret handshakes, Jim was the master

• Image says:

haha i love it!
    These fantasies work like pure gold!
    I had this girl saying “your my king, i love you, and ill give a foot massage everyday after work” talking about how we’ll get married and live life
    hahaha its pure genious!

i really suggest the “getting married” routine, if thats what youll call it

• damien says:

Yes, anything where you imagine a life in the future with them.

One I like is to say that we’re going to be world traveling bank robbers like Bonnie and Clyde… its gets their sense of adventure juiced up

• DJ Mike says:

In high school I was at a party with this girl and we pretended like we got married. Soon after we were in my friends bedroom on the honeymoon. It was pick-up before I knew what pick-up was.

I think the whole idea of fantasy and taking a girl out of her reality is very arrousing for a woman, particularly marriage fantasy. Those of you who have ever pulled at a wedding know what I’m talking about. You’re not only being silly and aloof, but escalating the relationship at the same time. It is instant comfort building as well as a demonstration of high value by presenting yourself as a capable mate. The “honeymoon” also presents a good opportunity for playful seduction.

• FredEx says:

i always like to use the line “oh thats it, im breaking up with you now. you can keep the toaster/kids/etc.” usually, if the girl “gets it”, she’ll play along with it and you can totally act as if your a married couple. i know David D and Mystery use this alot, and the times ive used its worked pretty good.

• Seraf24 says:

One thing I recently discovered while sarging at at hip-hop event:

DON’T MAKE HER LAUGH TOO MUCH!!!

Otherwise, your nothing but her entertainment monkey.

Know when to turn it off in order to initiate some Push/Pull.

Suddenly going cold on her will make her wonder if she’s doing anything wrong, thus she seeks your validation.

• Psycho says:

I have a very specific mix of goofy and sarcastic humor that I find works very well for me, it allows me to completely be a cocky bastard and still have them laughing. Now, after reading The Game, most of Rules, The Mystery Method and some of the Venusian Artist’s Handbook, I can see that having this be my frame, instead of the exception to it, is what will lead to success.

• michael.r says:

yea i have sarcastic humor, i find it easy to make my freinds laugh with it but ive never realy tryed it on a girl

• wtf says:

This article is rubbish.
    Cant believe i got linked to this BS =\
    If you think/pretend all that works you need to get castrated with rusty knives.

• Anonymous says:

Take a pill. Some of aren’t that bad. I know my fiancee would love the toaster and kids bit.
      I can make her laugh every time by acting like I’m going to stick my tongue up her nose while playfully wrestling on the bed.

• eddy says:

wtf your outnumbered 14 to 1  – you an angry female?

• alexa says:

what the hack, this are not going to make a women laugh, they will just fill like “oh no,another psycho horny pervert” and ain’t funny :D. Especially when a women says LOL ??? What the hack, this is how to pick a women at most… not how to make her laugh.

• gm says:

Hi, can you give me a line for her line to me? She asked me if I’m interested in fresh oysters (I want to be coy, sly, but not taking the bait). I’m corresponding to her thru writing (facebook), she was my neighbor before as teens. We’re in our 40s.

• Hank Foisteier says:

Heres a good joke. Can you take a load in your mouth without dribbling ?

• Gotta be careful dude! This same idea of olive oil bath or pool would disgust some girl I know.
    What I found works wonders is to let go. By being yourself you’ll attract the right girl for you, the girl who finds the real you funny. let’s face it, if you work on it she’ll know it and you won’t get far.
    Just my two cents.

• H Hawk says:

Women still have to vibe with you first.