Better Erections with Kegel Exercises

By on July 15, 2008

Lance, from Honey and Lance, got me interested in reading up in Kegels. Kegels are famous for being ableAnd one..and two..and three...and one...and two...and three... to help men achieve stronger erections and gain greater control over ejaculation. I don’t think there are too many guys out there who can’t see the benefit in that.

Kegels are exercises used to strengthen the pubococcygeal muscle and other muscles of the pelvic diaphragm. Having control of the pelvis is said to give you significant benefits for the problem of premature ejaculation, and make you last longer in bed.

There are also claims that doing these kegels can let a man experience orgasm without ejaculation. This would mean multiple orgasms. As much as I’d love to believe that the possibility of multiple orgasms exist for men, I’m going to need some proof before I believe that one.

Men are supposedly supposed to see improvement in their erections in 4-6 weeks after beginning a kegel exercise routine.

Identifying the right muscle to work in kegels

To identify the muscle involved a popular method is to stop the flow of urine mid stream. You do this beblack bikini 1 contracting the pelvis floor muscles. The thought is, once you identify these muscles, you can contract them at will, thus strengthening them and preparing them for bigger better erections.

Performing Kegels

• Quick pumps – do 15 reps of quick pumps, pause for 30 seconds and repeat. Start at 15 and work your way up to 100 reps two times a day.
  • Hold and release – contract the muscle slowly and hold for 5 seconds, release slowly. Work your way to at least 25 reps two times a day.
  • Elevator – slowly contract 1/3 of the way, pause, then 2/3 of the way, pause, then all the way. Do 10 reps two times a day.

Kegel Strength Training

This muscle is like any other muscle in your body and needs to be gradually built up over a period of time. Your best is to perform the exercise below daily for one week. After the first week you can gradually increase the amount of time you spend working on this muscle. The last thing you want to do is start off to strong and tear the damn thing. Is that possible? I don’t know… but I wouldn’t want to find out the hard way.

Exercise A
Sets: 3
Quickly clench and release repeatedly for 10 seconds.

Take a 10-second break between sets.

Exercise B
Sets: 10
Clench and release repeatedly for 5 seconds.

Take a 5-second break between sets.

Exercise C
Sets: 3
Tighten and hold your PC muscle for 30 seconds.

Take a 30 second break between sets.

That’s it for today, but repeat these Kegel exercises for men daily for one week.

Guys once you’ve tried this I’d like for you to come back and give some feedback on the legitimacy of all this. If I’m going to dedicate time to working this muscle I need to hear some success stories!

I'm Bobby Rio, one of the founders of TSB. You'll know more about me on . I tend to write about what is on my mind so you'll find a mix of self development, social dynamics and dating articles/experiences.  For a collection of some of my favorite articles check them out.

Let's face it.  Girl's don't make it easy for you.  She will often send mixed signals leaving you unable to tell if she is being friendly or flirty.  If you read her signals wrong you risk rejection and embarrassment. Or worse, you blow it with a girl who wanted to kiss you.

July 15, 2008 at 2:42 pm

Don’t tell me that body building chick does them, i hate those types of girls.

2. Lance

July 15, 2008 at 10:09 pm

Great post! I’ve never investigated a Kegel training plan like this but it makes a lot of sense. Good value here.

I want to throw this out there also and see if any of the guys have any feedback. I have this new theory, and my theory is that the more dominant and masculine you act during sex, the longer you last. This is because you’re getting deep into fantasy, fantasy is psychological, and you’re engaging the psychology of “control” when you behave like this. My best analogy is it’s like getting into the “zone” when playing sports. When you’re in the zone, you have complete control of your body and can make it do anything you want.

Thoughts? I have no hard evidence to support this, but I’ve noticed it a lot with my last few partners. I’ve also posted on two different sex forums and the I’ve had a couple of guys agree.

Lance’s last blog post..I’m a 10 in Looks, Smarts, Personality, and Career

3. lilez0521

July 16, 2008 at 2:14 am

That sounds like a great idea Lance i’m gonna have to try that out. Kegels really do work wonders. I’ve read that its also easy to to do them when you pee. The stop and start method is okay, but it takes a lot of practice and self control to master. Also your breathing plays an important role in it. Being able to slow your breathing down allows you to relax and maintain better control.

• Freddy Ubel Muñoz

May 3, 2010 at 10:57 am

I hope you are good.
      My question is you are better practicing that methods? which one of them have been the best ? for mantain the erections, and to control the P.E.

4. id

July 31, 2008 at 9:44 pm

from what I’ve read the way to have multiple orgasms is that you flex the PC muscle right before you spew. I’ve tries this and I was able to did it repeatedly a few times. After that I started thinking man… if my boys wanna go, I can’t imagine its good for me to keep em in. Isn’t that kind of like repeatedly simulating blue balls? That said, I was able to do it without any kegal exercises.

5. Anonymous

August 17, 2008 at 10:02 pm

Guys, if you really want to build up your PC muscles – and they DO make sex better – then get yourself a KegelPad. It’s the best kegel exerciser for men. When I started using one my (then) girlfriend noticed a difference in the hardness of my erection. Since then, I’ve used the KegelPad for about 3 months and I am definetly much harder. More than that, when I have an orgasm, my PC muscle gives me the most intense orgasm I’ve ever felt. It’s a pad that helps you do Kegels and it really works. N’uff said.