Online Dating Tips
I’ve said the two guys that have taught me the most about online dating are Mike Stoute and Dave M. Mike is the gold standard. Every time he becomes single again he has about 5 girls he’s fucking within 2 weeks. If his recent break up is legit than I’m sure the stories will be coming.
This post below is a short list from the great Stephen Nash. Stephen, author of How to get a girlfriend, consistently writes great articles and is quickly becoming one of my favorites. He tackles the subject of online dating, and I’m always interested in hearing is opinion on all the different aspects of pickup. As usual he packs some solid info into this short piece.
After the article share any experiences you’ve had with online dating.
The 5 Musts for Guys Meeting Women Online by Stephen Nash
1) Recruit a friend. This is number one for a reason. It is always better to have a buddy help you set up your profile, as they will have a better idea of the strengths you should highlight. They can also help you gather #2 (see below). Mostly, you will have more FUN with a friend going through this with you. You canshare stories afterwards, even make up friendly competitions to encourage you both forward.
If you don’t have a buddy interested in doing this with you, don’t let it become an excuse. You can always go to one of the dating advice webboards and find someone there…but only if you’re really determined to get out in front of the competition.
2) It’s all about the pictures. You’ve gotta have GREAT pictures to be out in front of the competition online. I always recommend four, in these categories:
– 1 which is a basic headshot, so she can get a clear idea of your face;
– 1 of you ‘in your element’ (so, if you’re a hiker, a shot of you in the wilderness);
– 1 of you with GIRLS (women friends, sister(s) etc);
– 1 of you dressed up and out socially (office party, wedding, bar mitzvah, wherever).
If you don’t have these, that’s fine. The idea here is to have four pictures of you in different environments/settings. If you
need to enlist the help of a friend, feel free.
3) Funny headline. A pic and a humorous headline are critical. Please, please don’t be boring from the start. What impression does this create in the mind of a woman? Not a good one. Be unconventional, and surprising, avoid the obvious. Got it?
4) Sincerity and vulnerability. At some point in the course of the profile, you will be able to write a bit about yourself. Feel free to mix in some truth with the humor. If you’re afraid of something, mention that. If you’re just getting “back out there”, mention that. If you’re terrible at dancing, mention that.
In other words, endear yourself by revealing that you are human. No one is perfect, and guys who gloat and posture online about how much money they make, and how big their car is are sorted thru like junk mail.
5) First date, not a date. Last but not least…the first date is not a REAL date, OK? The first date is basically when you are
introduced to the girl. The second date is really the first date. So, keep your first ‘real-life encounter’ short and sweet.
I always like to ask girls out for dessert, after a dinner meeting (which may or may not be true, but NEVER take an online girl out for dinner when meeting her for the first time). This way, we get a low pressure way to meet-up, and can decide if we want to get together for a real date later on. Think of the first meeting as when you are introduced at a party. If you find that the conversation flows after the first awkward moments, then a first ‘real’ date is a must.
I had some great experiences in online dating and found it was a great way to practice social skills. I also met some really cool girls, and had a load of fun. Also, the Project Hollywood guys and I got to swap stories after the fact, which helped us bond too as roommates.
If you don’t have a profile online and/or have had some bad experiences in online dating, let me recommend that you take a look at Dave M’s Insider Internet Dating – he offers some really priceless info here, and I strongly recommend the program he offers at the end.
If you enjoyed these articles I would recommend picking up a copy of his book How to Get a Girlfriend. He goes much further into these concepts… and of course gives away many secrets he’s been holding out on in the free articles.
Do girls leave you confused as to whether or not they like you?
Let's face it. Girl's don't make it easy for you. She will often send mixed signals leaving you unable to tell if she is being friendly or flirty. If you read her signals wrong you risk rejection and embarrassment. Or worse, you blow it with a girl who wanted to kiss you.
Here is a simple and innocent move that will instantly tell you if you're in the friend zone, or if she's waiting for you to kiss her.
We respect your email privacy
About Bobby Rio I'm Bobby Rio, one of the founders of TSB. I tend to write about what is on my mind so you'll find a mix of self development, social dynamics and dating articles/experiences. For a collection of some of my favorite articles check them out.