7 Ways to Naturally Increase your Testosterone
There seems to be a huge fascination with guys taking steroids lately. Obviously the major reason being that the increase in testosterone most anabolic steroids produce causes extraordinary gains in muscle mass. In addition to the gains in muscle mass many guys become addicted to the adrenaline rush of having excess testosterone flowing through their veins.
To put it bluntly; Taking steroids is a coward’s way out that leads nowhere fast. I’ve seen many of my friends succumb to the lure of steroids. While they would tell themselves it was going to be only one time… soon they became reliant on them and were doing cycle after cycle.
Not only are steroids an expensive habit, the side effects can be brutal in the short term… and deadly in the long term.
This is not to say that your body couldn’t benefit from extra testosterone. Testosterone is the most important muscle building hormone in your body, and even a slight increase in its level will provide many amazing benefits.
Benefits of increased testosterone’
Increasing testosterone can be a huge benefit to you. Instead of cheating and doing it the artificial way that will drain your wallet and health; I’m going to give you tips to naturally increase your testosterone.
Here’s the biology behind testosterone:
First, the brain releases a substance called Luteinizing Hormone, or “LH” for short. LH basically “tells” the body to start producing testosterone. Once this occurs, the adrenal glands release DHEA into the bloodstream. LH and DHEA then travel together to the testes where testosterone production begins. Testosterone can now be released into the bloodstream to perform its magic.
1. Fill your work out with compound exercises. Exercises that put your muscles under the most amount of stress will force your body to produce more testosterone. These exercises include squats, dead lifts, bench presses, dips, lunges, and military presses.
2. Push yourself 110% at the gym. True gains in muscle and testosterone come when you push yourself to the limit at the gym.
3. Increase consumption of Essential Fatty Acids. The EFAs found in peanuts, avocadoes, fish, olives, flaxseed, and canola are a proven natural way to boost testosterone.
4. Reduce Estrogen levels. Reducing the levels of estrogen (the main female hormone) will greatly increase your testosterone. You can reduce estrogen by eating more cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, radishes, and turnips. You can also reduce estrogen by limiting the amount of soy protein you take in. Soy has been known to raise estrogen levels which decreases testosterone levels.
5. Limit Cortisol production. Cortisol is a catabolic hormone that will cause testosterone to plummet. Cortisol is produced during times of high stress or anxiety. It is also produced during times of lack of sleep.
6. Eliminate Binge Drinking. Excessive alcohol consumption can drastically reduce testosterone levels. It is best to keep your drinking to a minimum and try not to exceed more than three drinks in a night.
7. Have more sex. Sexual stimulation causes the body to increase the production of oxytocin which increases endorphin production (the “feel-good” chemical), and this also raises testosterone.
If you follow these 7 steps you can avoid having to resort to sticking needles in your ass a couple days a week.
These 7 steps will provide that natural boost in testosterone that will leave you feeling more healthy, vibrant, sexual, and attractive.
About Bobby Rio I'm Bobby Rio, one of the founders of TSB. I tend to write about what is on my mind so you'll find a mix of self development, social dynamics and dating articles/experiences. For a collection of some of my favorite articles check them out.