3 Men’s Sneakers that are Always in Style

There will always be the select few people who someone how hear the whispers of what will be cool before the rest of us.  These people will always know exactly what sneakers are hot at this very moment.  They’ll even know what color is the “in” color, and will probably have had their pair shipped from an exclusive sneaker dealer in NY.

Then there are the rest of us…

If you walk into a sneaker shop, or better yet, are shopping on line for sneakers and don’t know what sneakers are currently hot… you can always rely on these three brands to still be in style.

Puma

Even when Puma is not at is fashion peak like it was a few years ago, you can always count on Puma to release timeless shoes that are not only stylish, but also super comfortable.

Puma has been around for decades and never manages to go out of fad.  Puma sneakers come in all different types of styles.  They have casual pairs, athletic pairs, and even some that can be considered a dressier pair.

Puma is also known for that many varieties of colors that each pair is available in.  This really lets you get creative with what you’re looking for.

Below are three pairs of Puma’s that are a solid choice for any occasion.  All available here.

Converse

Right now Converse has made a huge comeback… and not just with the hipster crowd.  Like Puma, Converse has been around for decades and has always maintained a presence in most social scenes.

Converse aren’t the most comfortable sneakers around but you can at least feel safe knowing that they won’t be going out of style any time soon.

Converse are the perfect pair of casual sneakers to wear to a bar, on a date, or a stroll around the city.  They look good in shorts or pants.

Converse can get pretty creative but to be safe I’d always recommend sticking with one of the simpler pairs.

Here are 3 pairs that will go with any outfit.  You can buy these here.

Adidas

Adidas is more like Nike but less sporty.  Adidas is always fashionable as long as you pick the right pair.

Adidas is a great summer and fall brand.  They look good with shorts or pants and can be worn casual.  Adidas is for the guy going for the Jake Gyllanhaul look.  Sort of preppy, best with a pair of khakis.

Here are 3 cool pairs of Adidas that can be purchased here.

Let's face it. Girl's don't make it easy for you. She will often send mixed signals leaving you unable to tell if she is being friendly or flirty. If you read her signals wrong you risk rejection and embarrassment. Or worse, you blow it with a girl who wanted to kiss you.

1. PeteTheFreshman

July 14, 2008 at 2:41 pm

I recall bobby mentioning in an old podcast about how girls look at your shoes. Dirty gross sneakers don’t impress regardless of the circles you’re in.

Both the chucks and Adidas both have lines of limited edition sneakers. Some are a little on the outrageous side (I’m a bit of a hipster so I can be a little odder then most), but you can find some unique sneakers that no one else will have for a pretty good price. Tie them in a unique way and you’re good to go.

2. alphakay

July 14, 2008 at 3:18 pm

Yes, Bobby you’re Definitely right on that one… These three shoe brands never seem to run out of style.

On top of that, they could pretty much go on anything you wear.. Although, They are too common here in London.. Especially Converses.

Pzz

July 14, 2008 at 3:37 pm

Lacose also has pretty good shoes that always seem to be in style.

4. Chase

July 14, 2008 at 5:03 pm

I can’t believe you didn’t mention k-swiss in this article. If I wear sneakers I go all white…they’re the most affordable you can find.

5. Killswitch

July 15, 2008 at 12:59 am

Man, I’m so happy you guys made this post. I’ve actually grown out of the whole “nikes and jordan’s” part of my life and I’m in love with converses. It’s like you cannot do anything to harm those sneakers…and I have to disagree they are amazingly comfortable.

I agree with zeo on the lacose..but I can’t find them in any stores here in NYC..where do you usually buy them Zeo?

-KillSwitch

6. lilez0521

July 15, 2008 at 10:28 am

i feel you on that killswitch. I don’t follow the nike or jordan’s trend. So that sometimes leaves me kind of at a loss of what kind of shoes to buy. What are some other stylish shoes?

7. athena

July 15, 2008 at 11:10 am

italian leather dress shoes. seriously. i thought my brother was nuts when i first saw him buying them up – they are shiny (most of them), they are pointier than sneakers, and some have things like buckles and such. but when he wears them with jeans – holy hell they look cool.
    they kinda have that flat squared end to them, but are thinner there than regular dress shoes.
    they wont go with khakis, but if you are wearing a t-shirt with a blazer, or a cool un-tucked button up dress shirt – they look SLICK.

July 15, 2008 at 2:47 pm

Killswitch, the usually have them at any Footlocker, at my mall in CT they have them. I’m not sure of any other place, you could always order online though.

9. id

July 15, 2008 at 2:51 pm

agree with Chase- all white shoes are playa

these are the ones I rock – Nike Cortez Basics

10. Killswitch

July 15, 2008 at 3:55 pm

ahh thanks zeo..i appreciate it

-KillSwitch

11. zeoranger12

July 15, 2008 at 4:40 pm

cool kicks

July 15, 2008 at 4:46 pm

No prob Killswitch.

The problem I have with white sneakers is that they get dirty too easily. Like even if you wear them while only sarging, you can mess them up.

I’ve been wearing sandals mostly cuz of the weather but I recently got these cheap kicks from khols

Adds to my rocker style especially with my black denim jeans.

13. KillSwitch

July 15, 2008 at 7:20 pm

lol, cool man. as long as your not pushing “dunks” http://www.kicksarea.com/

I’m telling you..I don’t know what’s happening in fashion these days…like i said, I’m done with nike.

lilez, I usually shop at “Journey’s” for my sneakers. Yea, they have nike, but they also have A LOT of stuff that isn’t used by the “crowd”. I don’t know where you’re at, but here’s a link to the site.

I recommend checking out the “Casual” and “dress” section…but like the article says, you can’t go wrong with converse, puma or adidas.

-KillSwitch

July 15, 2008 at 10:01 pm

Ahhh, journeys, I hear so many good things about it but the one in my mall is shit. Although my sis got a pair of gold sneakers which were really cool, but just its for girls.

15. lilez0521

July 16, 2008 at 2:25 am

that depends on what kind of shoes and style you’re into. they have some pretty good casual shoes, and if i’m not mistaken they also have nice dress shoes. damn i need to go shoe shopping again.

16. Anonymous

July 16, 2008 at 12:53 pm

“agree with Chase- all white shoes are playa

these are the ones I rock – Nike Cortez Basics

@ id: Nike Cortez FTW!!, but its very rare to get it London, the best way for me is to pay £80 for a custom-made one.. (Colours you want) Otherwise I’ll have to buy one online.

@ Killswitch: Really?? Theres soo much of “Lacoste” here in London (Always opposite to USA lol). But yeh, its not that bad, but they all seem to be the same style..

Pzz

17. id

July 16, 2008 at 1:23 pm

Anon: I was kind of lucky in getting them- the all white are hard to find. I scoured the mall and got a tip that they would be coming in the following week at one of the stores. I don’t remember the name of the store and it was a year ago. But hey, if you really want them you can get them online, I saw a few posted on ebay and theres always froogle.

As for keeping them clean, I just wipe them off with a damp paper towel after every time I wear them. Sometimes a tiny bit of soap helps too. Its not like they look brand new any more- but they do still look nice.

18. Kinowear

September 5, 2008 at 1:10 am

I’d have to say that converse are the most versatile and stylish out of the three. You can wear them with anything and look good.

19. Cdub

September 6, 2008 at 4:02 am

You can NEVER go wrong in a pair of shelltoe Adidas..White or black, doesnt matter..

As of now I have about 123 pair, and keep em fresh in the blue boxes(black boxes if their special ed.)

I agree about the chuck taylors though..I’m STILL looking for those black leather ones Will Smith wore in i-Robot..

Good read once again.