How to Get Your Girl into Video Games
I’ve never been one to find the time to play hours straight of video games… but I know I’ve got a lot of friends that do… (Ironically most of these friends are single)
I am aware that many of our readers might just be video game enthusiasts. I was surfing the web and found an article on some gaming site called How to Get Your Girlfriend into Gaming.
The article was actually the answer to a question at a recent gamer’s conference called PAX. The answer was tackled by a panel of prominent gamers.
Here was there reply:
1) Give your girl a game thatâ€™s tailored to her interests; donâ€™t force her to play a game just because you like it.
2) Play co-op, not competitive. Some girls are unnerved by 13-year-old trash-talkers.
3) Donâ€™t force her to identify herself as a gamer; itâ€™s enough that sheâ€™s playing a game.
4) Spend as much time doing what she wants to do in her life as you expect her to spend time gaming with you (basic rule of relationships).
5) Donâ€™t act like an asshole while youâ€™re gaming â€“ it makes games into the enemy.
6) Donâ€™t belittle her choices of game; maybe she likes Barbieâ€™s Horse Adventure.
7) Let her backseat game you and donâ€™t argue with what she tells you to do; if she tells you to make Master Chief jump to his death, just do it â€“ itâ€™ll be fun for her and get her one step closer to trying it herself. (Thatâ€™s my own personal rule.)
I generally agree with all the rules listed above. I would say that you’re best bet is to try to get her into Nintendo WII… it seems to be the system that chicks dig the most. Plus you get the added benefit of keeping your girl in shape through the Wii FIt. And you get to watch her play!
Do girls leave you confused as to whether or not they like you?
Let's face it. Girl's don't make it easy for you. She will often send mixed signals leaving you unable to tell if she is being friendly or flirty. If you read her signals wrong you risk rejection and embarrassment. Or worse, you blow it with a girl who wanted to kiss you.
Here is a simple and innocent move that will instantly tell you if you're in the friend zone, or if she's waiting for you to kiss her.
We respect your email privacy
About Bobby Rio I'm Bobby Rio, one of the founders of TSB. I tend to write about what is on my mind so you'll find a mix of self development, social dynamics and dating articles/experiences. For a collection of some of my favorite articles check them out.