Vitamin D May Be the Most Important Nutrient You Need
Take a walk along any nice beach in the summer and take in all the glimmering, orange tinted bodies crowding the shore. Yes, the sun is great for a tan, and that’s what it seems most people want to use it for. But, like anything, there’s a balance we should be aiming for.
Too much sun increases our risk of potentially life-threatening conditions. Too little, on the other hand, can also lead to health issues. The vitamin D we get from having a little sun provides us with powerful health benefits, as this article on the Huffington Post nicely illustrates:
Benefits of Vitamin D
- Vitamin D helps build up calcium in your body which strengthens bone and teeth health
- Decreased risk of osteoporosis, diabetes, dementia and some cancers including breast, colon, prostate, ovarian, esophageal and lymphatic
- Helps lower blood pressure levels and hypertension
- Regulates your immune system for optimal efficiency and fighting disease
- Studies have shown that it can decrease multiple sclerosis in women
This might be an even more important tip for the winter months. While it’s not hard to get some sun in summer, the cold often puts us off spending too much time outside. Unfortunately its in winter we likely need the sun the most. Make an effort to get out and absorb some vitamin D, and check out the full post for all the reasons why.
Word-For-Word Lines For
In this FREE Manuscript:
We respect your email privacy
About Sam Brinson Sam is a writer living in Uruguay. Sam follows the latest in aging break throughs.