Some buying temperature games
I found this on the Asian Playboy’s blog and thought that it was worth reposting. It is actually full of useful strategies to elevate the flirting and turn up the temperature.
Buying Temperature by Asian Playboy
OK, as us Pick Up Artists (PUAs) should know, Buying Temperature is the woman’s emotional receptivity and her level of general attraction to the PUA at a given time.
(Note, that there is slight, but subtle difference between general attraction and sexual attraction. You can have one without the other, though then you run the risk of turning from the really cool, fun guy into the really cool, fun friend.)
Anyways, Buying Temperature Game isn’t necessarily the tighest game if that forms the cornerstone of your repoitoire (though it’s awesome for pushing for one night stands). Yet for some guys, who fall into the trap of being too comfortable and too serious, without pumping up BT, they come off as boring as opposed to exciting and intriguing to the woman.
So I give you some common BT tactics. Some I use quite a bit and some (like magic) I don’t. There are two very common weaknesses of BT Game. One, it isn’t solid and the attraction (unless you push for the one night stand) she feels for you tends to rapidly disappear in the morning. Secondly, it can also leave you stuck in the position of being the entertainment monkey. Once you’re gone or you’re out of tricks, the girls will walk away to find some other source of stimuli be it dancing, alcohol, drugs or hot guys/girls (in other words Buying Temperature and attraction is transferable).
Let’s get down to brass tacks:
1. Magic – Mostly popularized by Mystery, it has the advantage of introducing that “Wow” factor. One does run the risk of being the entertainer, but as Mystery has shown time and time again, by being the center of attention you create a situation of social proof and displaying social mastery. I won’t say not to use it, but I’ve seen it work. One example that comes to mind is OCWaterBoy before he became the Direct Master that he is now. He did a magic trick (learned from Mystery) to engage an attractive, very slim girl who he eventually slept with. She KNEW what he was trying to do (ie capture her attention and impress her), but the trick was intriguing enough that she was OK with it.
2. Humor – The is really the most common BT strategy. You know it when you see it, but it also takes a modicum of social mastery as well as comic timing if you aren’t a naturally humorous guy. Not easy to teach other than to immerse yourself in social situations and watch naturally funny guys. A few one liners and funny stories can help, it’s the old concept of being Cocky and Funny popularized by David DeAngelo. I tend to have a pretty good sense of humor, but I’m not always “on” especially as the night wears on. It’s the old concept of “Laughing Her Pants Off.”
3. Shocking/Humorous Story – You can stack the deck in your favor if you can convey a story that is shocking, overtly sexual, and/or humorous. These are those tall tales that can captivate an audience, make them laugh, make them gasp, but at times, make them roll their eyes if you don’t deliver it effectively. I like to use my own stories from my own life (a little embellished perhaps) though one can see the efficacy of canned stories like the Bad Ass Kid Routine and others. Fuck/Marry/Kill, while not necessarily a story, can work as way to both shock and be humorous while at the same time reframing the interaction in a sexual frame.
4. Dancing – This is one of my common tactics that I like to use to both create attraction as well as qualify her (“Oh, are you good dancer? Or do you just shake your ass like all the other girls?”). Note, I don’t APPROACH the girl with Dance Game. I use dancing to isolate, pump up her attraction and adrenaline, and escalate the physical. Disadvantages, of course, is that it requires you to be somewhat decent at dancing. An easy variation of this is to Spin Her as if you’re doing a swing dance. A lot of guys do this when they open, but a lot of times it’s poorly done.
5. Thumb Wrestling – This is a stupid little game and competition, but one I actually had done to me the other night by the girl. Kind of a role reversal, but it’s a fun little game. You can frame it as a challenge and play it up as the thumb war championship. Sidenote, sometimes a girl was ask you to buy her a drink, play a game with her, winner buys. You’ve changed the frame, introduced kino, and you’ll win (if you don’t, hang up your title of Pick Up Artist right now). There are a lot of variations to this like Slap Jack and so forth.
6. Fake Fighting – I like to do this a lot as well. Maybe a girl will accidentally bump into me. Instead of saying “Sorry” you can pretend to throw down with the girl. “Wha-wha-what? You wanna throw down? Let’s see what you GOT?!” Again, it’s silly but it’s a fun thing to do and shows that you’re really not taking the girl too serious. A variation of this is to Booty Bump Her and be playful about it.
7. Cavemanning – I’ll do this if I’m feeling particularly energetic and if she’s light. This is simply picking her up in your arms. Maybe throwing her over your shoulder. Piggybacking, etc.
8. Make Her Slap Herself – I’ve already written about making her slap herself. It’s similar in nature to cavemanning in that you’re displaying dominance by temporarily taking control of her body.
9. Drink Annilihation – This is actually an AMOG tactic that works just as effectively on girls as guys. Fun, silly and leaves her at your mercy.
10. Intentional Cold Read – Not the cold read that’s designed to generate commonalities and understanding (though there is that), but calling a girl from New York “trouble” or a “bad girl” and then turning like you’re walking away. Most times, you’ll get pulled back in where they’ll laugh and qualify themselves. This is where the PowerPuff girl routine came in though you can do a lot with it from the Sexual Predator to any other outrageous cold read that’s designed to push her buttons.
All of this, of course, depend upon your delivery, energy level, and a host of other factors that helps you convey humor and playfulness as well as dominating the interaction so she no longer is thinking logically, but simply responding emotionally and on a visceral level.
Also remember that BT Game should be considered within the context of the social setting as well as the girl herself. You don’t need to pump up BT at the library for general day game, a decent sense of humor well work just as fine. Club game, however, where you’re competing with massive amounts of other stimuli and distractions does require a mastery of BT Game.
Signed, Asian Playboy
Do girls leave you confused as to whether or not they like you?
Let's face it. Girl's don't make it easy for you. She will often send mixed signals leaving you unable to tell if she is being friendly or flirty. If you read her signals wrong you risk rejection and embarrassment. Or worse, you blow it with a girl who wanted to kiss you.
Here is a simple and innocent move that will instantly tell you if you're in the friend zone, or if she's waiting for you to kiss her.
We respect your email privacy
About Bobby Rio I'm Bobby Rio, one of the founders of TSB. I tend to write about what is on my mind so you'll find a mix of self development, social dynamics and dating articles/experiences. For a collection of some of my favorite articles check them out.