Neil Strauss “Style” Prop Bag Revealed

This video has been around for awhile but for some reason I’ve never seen it. Its a pretty good interview with Neil Strauss that came out shortly after The Game was published.

Neil goes through his prop bag that he carried around, as described in the game. I think its a good idea to have a bag like this. I have a bag I carry around that is filled with a couple books I like to skim through from time to time, a voice recorder that I use to record conversations when needed, and a little notebook to jot down quick notes.

[MEDIA=54]

1. FredEx

February 17, 2008 at 9:54 pm

i cant picture myself carrying around a bag like this..

2. Thumbs

February 18, 2008 at 1:35 am

Well if you have read the game you remember Style mentioning a very retro space aged looking bad that Mystery carried around, i have actually seen it in one of the video clips and it would have worked well for peacocking. Styles bad does look femanin but in a way so does Style. If your wardrobe can support your props (via pockets) then i would suggest thatm so if your wearing a jacket you hve 2 extra pockets, if you have on a nice jacket it could have conceiled pockets on the inside as well.

3. Kevin

February 18, 2008 at 6:39 am

i cant picture myself carrying around a bag like this..but if you have a good wing thats trying to learn from you, or just a friend who’s a major pussbag than you can just have him hold it for you while you do your thing.

Really? I dunno, in london, the theme of carrying a mini shoulder bag, has became quite fashionable..
    It may not be as big as Niel’s prop bag, but enough space to put some important props.

Something like those, but its bigger than it looks, ofcourse, there are better styles (just can’t find them on the net).
    This style of bag was originally for girls, but somehow, guys started wearing it lool, Well as long it looks retro/sporty then its all good.

As for the props, There was alot than i thought lol, i don’t think i would put as much as Niel’s, but gave me some few ideas.

Pzz

4. Mack Tight

February 18, 2008 at 11:54 am

I carry a prop fanny pack when I sarge 🙂

Mack Tight’s last blog post..Get a job, volunteer position or hobby that forces you to be social

5. mike

February 18, 2008 at 2:52 pm

I really want to wear a bag just to throw all the shit I usually carry…phone, camera, gum, smokes, condoms, keys, lighter, etc.!! but it’s just too feminine for OC…I think those bags are ok for day game, work, school, etc… but for bars? clubs? absolutely NOT!

6. aLpHa_kaY. A.K.A: Kevin

February 18, 2008 at 5:24 pm

Haha, i prolly agree with that.

Although, if you can style it out real good, i guess its fine. I like it, because it keeps me prepared.
    Without it, my pocket looks like i have shit all over it lool.

Besides, some of the greatest PUAs uses them, and it doesn’t seem to effect them as badly.

Pzz

7. mike

February 18, 2008 at 5:43 pm

Yeah if you have the confidence and can “own” it then there’s no reason not to as long as it’s something you want to use/wear. I’m actually shopping for one to use during the day…but it just wouldn’t work for my night style.

8. FredEx

February 18, 2008 at 9:02 pm

yeah as long as you have the confidence, you can call it a fucking “man purse” if a girl asks about it, and then just continue on. its guaranteed to get a laugh, and as long as your not insecure about it, you can pull it off.

9. Yummy Stale Bread

February 19, 2008 at 2:06 am

I just make sure I have condoms, gum, and a notepad. If it is the winter and I have a coat on me, then I will bring deodorant also. I like to bring as little stuff with me as possible.

February 19, 2008 at 2:31 am

I have propz that I carry around in my pocket, like magic props, a penny nickle dime and a notepad for my “I am an artist” routine.

11. Roosh

February 19, 2008 at 6:11 pm

Problem with the prop bag now with The Game so popular is that it can brand you as a “PUA” before you even open your mouth. Best advice is to be original with your props instead of just copying what he has in his bag.

Roosh’s last blog post..South America By The Numbers

12. Thumbs

February 21, 2008 at 7:07 pm

I dont think a “prop bag” will brand you a pua, make it something non obviouse like a brief case or lap top case and just use the extra pockets for anything. Yea make your own set of props, why wouldnt you, things that work for strauss wont work for you simply because your diffrent people with diffrent lifes, he did rune reading and palm reading, i would do 3 magic tricks requiring, a box of crayons, a deck of cards, and a toothpick, i would have a cheat sheet, a drawing pad, gum, cologn, and anything else.

13. Teddy Bear

February 22, 2008 at 5:37 am

yea i would definatly need something real stylish , not a fanny pack or “man purse” lol thats what i call em too fred

February 27, 2008 at 1:46 am

If you wear a blazer to clubs like me, the inner pockets can be useful for carrying small items. You won’t need a prop bag for those.