7 Ways to Naturally Increase your Testosterone

By on July 9, 2008

Proven Ways to Naturally Boost Testosterone

There seems to be a huge fascination with guys taking steroids lately. Obviously the major reason being that the increase in testosterone most anabolic steroids produce causes extraordinary gains in muscle mass. In addition to the gains in muscle mass many guys become addicted to the adrenaline rush of having excess testosterone flowing through their veins.

testosteroneTo put it bluntly; Taking steroids is a coward’s way out that leads nowhere fast. I’ve seen many of my friends succumb to the lure of steroids. While they would tell themselves it was going to be only one time… soon they became reliant on them and were doing cycle after cycle.

Not only are steroids an expensive habit, the side effects can be brutal in the short term… and deadly in the long term.

This is not to say that your body couldn’t benefit from extra testosterone. Testosterone is the most important muscle building hormone in your body, and even a slight increase in its level will provide many amazing benefits.

Benefits of increased testosterone’

• Increase in strength and muscle size
  • Body fat decrease
  • Increased sex drive and endurance
  • More energized and motivated
  • Decrease in bad cholesterol
  • Makes you more attractive to women

Increasing testosterone can be a huge benefit to you. Instead of cheating and doing it the artificial way that will drain your wallet and health; I’m going to give you tips to naturally increase your testosterone.

Here’s the biology behind testosterone:

First, the brain releases a substance called Luteinizing Hormone, or “LH” for short. LH basically “tells” the body to start producing testosterone. Once this occurs, the adrenal glands release DHEA into the bloodstream. LH and DHEA then travel together to the testes where testosterone production begins. Testosterone can now be released into the bloodstream to perform its magic.

==> Video reveals more “natural” secrets for increasing testosterone and sex drive

1. Fill your work out with compound exercises. Exercises that put your muscles under the most amount of stress will force your body to produce more testosterone. These exercises include squats, dead lifts, bench presses, dips, lunges, and military presses.

2. Push yourself 110% at the gym. True gains in muscle and testosterone come when you push yourself to the limit at the gym.

3. Increase consumption of Essential Fatty Acids. The EFAs found in peanuts, avocadoes, fish, olives, flaxseed, and canola are a proven natural way to boost testosterone.

4. Reduce Estrogen levels. Reducing the levels of estrogen (the main female hormone) will greatly increase your testosterone. You can reduce estrogen by eating more cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, radishes, and turnips. You can also reduce estrogen by limiting the amount of soy protein you take in. Soy has been known to raise estrogen levels which decreases testosterone levels.

5. Limit Cortisol production. Cortisol is a catabolic hormone that will cause testosterone to plummet. Cortisol is produced during times of high stress or anxiety. It is also produced during times of lack of sleep.

6. Eliminate Binge Drinking. Excessive alcohol consumption can drastically reduce testosterone levels. It is best to keep your drinking to a minimum and try not to exceed more than three drinks in a night.

7. Have more sex. Sexual stimulation causes the body to increase the production of oxytocin which increases endorphin production (the “feel-good” chemical), and this also raises testosterone.

If you follow these 7 steps you can avoid having to resort to sticking needles in your ass a couple days a week.

These 7 steps will provide that natural boost in testosterone that will leave you feeling more healthy, vibrant, sexual, and attractive.

==> Video reveals more “natural” secrets for increasing testosterone and sex drive

I'm Bobby Rio, one of the founders of TSB. You'll know more about me on . I tend to write about what is on my mind so you'll find a mix of self development, social dynamics and dating articles/experiences.  For a collection of some of my favorite articles check them out.

July 9, 2008 at 10:32 pm

Other than soy, are there any other foods that increase estrogen?

2. id

July 10, 2008 at 1:35 am

Zeo, avoid snacking on your girlfriend’s birth control pills. They may taste like Pez, but it’s lose/lose man.

3. sub5tance

July 11, 2008 at 11:37 am

I think I read on a web site (possibly this one) that while more sex increases testosterone, that’s not true of masturbation. Does anyone have any knowledge about whether masturbation is good bad or indifferent?

Since I got into the game and especially since I raised my self-esteem and started working out more, I’ve found that I no longer masturbate and actually feel less needy and more alpha (possibly because of that).

Thoughts?

• yourmom

September 8, 2008 at 4:36 pm

Hey jackass, don’t spam the message board trying to sell books.

• MikeStoute

September 8, 2008 at 4:55 pm

I believe that’s on our end yourmom… ill look into it, we monitor every comment though so it would have been hard for it to slide through.

4. West PUA

October 28, 2008 at 9:27 am

I can highly recommend doing some sort of martial arts.

I got into Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu some time ago, and after an hour and half training, wrestling other guys and becoming exhausted, there was this *incredible* rush of testosterone and adrenalin. It felt as if my balls became fifty times bigger, and I could literally feel the rush of testosterone. The first thing I felt like doing after training was picking up chicks, not in an indirect way, but as direct as can be :-)

I wasn’t a boob-guy, I liked butts the most, but after each training session, it was as if I suddenly started noticing boobs everywhere. LOL, it was so weird :-)

Lifting weights also increases testosterone a lot in my experience, but the increased levels I notice after martial arts sessions are nothing short of amazing.

Recent Words from West PUA..Getting Comfortable Dancing in the Club

5. best testosterone booster

November 21, 2008 at 7:20 pm

Hey Sub5tance, the answer to your question is YES, masturbation does increase testosterone lol. Also aside from martial arts, ypou can increase testosterone by eating things like raw oysters, bananas, almonds, and avodcado

Recent Words from best testosterone booster..Increase your testosterone levels naturally with the right foods

6. Craig

July 2, 2009 at 12:27 pm

To sub5tance: As far as sex stimulating testosterone and masturbation, all you have to do is think. The glands that stimulate testosterone do not care if you use a p***y or your hand. Case closed.

7. Brad Pullman

October 19, 2009 at 11:39 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmFirst, let me state that the effect of taking an oral HGH can differ widely from one individual to another depending on their sensitivity, metabolism and biological profile. I have done ALOT of research on HGH Sprays, and which ingreidents produce the best results – and I believe on the market the “Dr. Max Powers” HGH Spray is top quality.

After two weeks, I saw a major difference in muscle mass and libido. I do not know whether this works or not for others but for me, I feel much more energetic and sexually charged. You can trust me that a regular healthy diet, lifestyle (excersise, abstinance from unhealthy food and abusive substances) and good sleep is the biggest health and testosterone booster…but also taking this enhancer you can be sure that they will work for you and that they will not have any undesirable side effects…i highly recommend them for guys who are looking for a better body, increase strength and sex drive… they are difficult to find in drug stores, so I just buy online….cause its even cheaper than the drug store at dr max powers. com

I am about to complete a 3 month cycle next week…its been a great experience

• SockPuppetPete

October 20, 2009 at 11:12 am

Hmmmmm…. oral HGH sounds great, can I crush it up and snort it?

• MikeStoute

October 20, 2009 at 2:03 pm

I smell a big FAT SPAMMER!

8. psycmajor

May 6, 2010 at 10:46 pm

ahhh this article doesn’t really answer the question either. I’ve read tons online and still no journals are reporting a difference between testosterone raise when you masturbate and when you have sex…

the reason there could be a difference is because studies show a testosterone boost when you “win” at something, even if it’s watching your favorite sports team win on tv or if you’ve just won a chess match.

and there’s definitely a win/lose difference between having sex with a partner and masturbating, so that might be a factor. It doesn’t look like any journals have posted any real studies yet though that address this. We’ll have to wait.

9. Endurance

July 22, 2010 at 10:07 am

I too feel less alpha after masturbating. It’s like my whole day is wrecked. I’d recommend not doing it.

10. Anonymous

August 22, 2010 at 1:05 am

I agree. Sex makes you feel like a winner since you got the girl and “released” yourself in a mutual shared experience. It was an overall good exercise for the both of you and so your body releases serotonin (feel good) chemicals that re-enforce your alpha-like activities. Masturbation is just a lonely and sad thing to do.

• Anonymous

January 17, 2012 at 9:29 am

If masturbation is a lonely and sad thing to do, then you are not doing it with the right women :)

11. Ishmael

February 29, 2012 at 6:06 am

They said it right its THE MIND the biggest factor for T hormone. Men who cant compete have a lower drive and Hence lower T. Men that are shy with new women have lower confidence and hence have lower production of T! The mind affects T production! I have read a book from Joshua and everything turned around for me!! im not tryin to sell him him but the guy is serious badass…Its the stuff he said that i read that insulted me and ever since i said the f* is this all the things i was doing that prevented my T? I didnt know!! Now I can do things like “be a Man dont be a wuss” I dont squash myself against the corridor wall anymore wen a hunk comes along oblivious that i exist forcing me to take “less space” as i used to….If he takes the center walkway I do the same! until he realise his mistake..else i can at least become a strong verbal technician if hes stronger than me physically…fair deal!! It is the “inferiority complex” or lack of determination to talk back or fight back wen life pushes us out of the main stage of masculinity, which i call an insult to our manhod. The moment we take control of our manly dominance, even if it means conflict, we would not worry about T production! So now i discovered other things like “all round presence” of mind. This is different from just “presence of mind” because i will think of the people talkin outside the office is activity and think ‘i realise there is some pople talkn, wonder wat they r talkn about’. Next a dog barks in the street and i say ‘i heard it. i wonder if its barkn at a stranger passing by’. A bird will chip, a truck would roar by, etc. Paying attention to things boost T. its true vise versa. Getting male natural aggression comes from recovering our MALE ROLES long forgotten in the noicy confusion of life. Joshua is found here…….http://www.tsbmag.com/tao-of-badass-review/